The APC is a sustainable packaging initiative which aims to change the culture of business to design more sustainable packaging, increase recycling rates and reduce packaging litter.
It is an agreement between government, industry and community groups together to find and to fund solutions to address packaging sustainability issues.
- Acknowledges that packaging is necessary.
- Adopts a lifecycle approach.
- Provides industry with tools to design sustainable packaging.
- Requires industry to take accountable actions which lead to positive environmental outcomes.
- Funds initiatives which increase recycling and reduce litter.
Through the APC, industry has agreed to take a leading role in managing the impact of its packaging.
To discover more go to http://www.packagingcovenant.org.au/